-   -   Query source location - how do I change? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273229-query-source-location-how-do-i-change.html)

Jennifer Crawford

Query source location - how do I change?

I have set up an Excel worksheet so that it pulls data
from an Access database when the user fills out two cells.

When I distribute this worksheet, the location for the
Access database will have changed.

Is there a way for me to somehow programatically update
the location for the Query source (database) without
having to manually go recreate the query to point to the
new source?

Thanks!

Jennifer Crawford

Steve Smallman

Query source location - how do I change?

Jennifer,

will \\Server\path\subpath\filename.mdb format work for you?

steve