Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Retain if atleast 4 entries

Hi
I have a unique problem here. I have got an excel file
with almost 2500 rows of data in it. Coulumn "A" contains
the ID # of companies. Each company might have more than
one data entry (row), so it looks something like this:

A B C D E
34982 data data data data
34982 data...
5533812 data...
5533812 data...
5533812 data...
5533812 data...
5533812 data...
456832 data...
456832 data...
456832 data...

What i need to do is to write a program which will look at
the first column of ID#s and if the ID# occurs less than 4
times, i delete those rows. Basically if a company has
ATLEAST 4 data entries, i have to keep it, if not, delete
entire rows of that company.
Any kind of suggestion would be very helpful! Thanks a lot
in advance.