-   -   Calling an Excel Addin from VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273190-calling-excel-addin-vba.html)

ABN

Calling an Excel Addin from VBA

Hi there,

Have an excel addin... written in C, that I want to call
from within VB.

Is this possible or is the only way to do it, to work
within excel... put a formula (part of the addin) into a
cell, calculate & extract.

Thanks
Fahad

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Calling an Excel Addin from VBA

Fahad,

I don't think you can write an Excel addin in C, as my understanding that an
addin is always an Excel workbook, but the sheets are not shown. So within
an addin you can do anything you wish to Excel objects, either on one of the
sheets of the addin, or of another workbook.

What you can do is manipulate an Excel workbook from C using automation. In
this instance, you would need to create an Excel object and manipulate that.
This would typically be built as a DLL, and linked in to Excel by whoever
used Excel, or could be an executable that calls Excel directly.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ABN" wrote in message
Hi there,

Have an excel addin... written in C, that I want to call
from within VB.

Is this possible or is the only way to do it, to work
within excel... put a formula (part of the addin) into a
cell, calculate & extract.

Thanks
Fahad

Keith Willshaw

"ABN" wrote in message
Hi there,

Have an excel addin... written in C, that I want to call
from within VB.

Almost certainly, but you may need to remap some of the
data as the data structures in C differ from those in VB

see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...lfunctions.asp

Keith