-   -   Logging data from a web query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273181-logging-data-web-query.html)

Rob

Logging data from a web query

Hi All,

I have set up a web query for a share price and I have 2 questions.

Firstly, how can I make Excel update this web query, for example once a
minute?

Secondly I would like to log some fields (time, shareprice etc) possibly to
another sheet every time the data is updated. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Shunt

Logging data from a web query

I think you will find that if you select all the column
headers of your table then go to
'Data', 'Get External Data', 'Data Range Properties'

You will see there is an option to select 'enable
background refresh' and choose a time interval

As for the logging it wouldn't be too hard to create a
macro that copied the contents of the table to another
workbook to a fresh sheet each time.