-   -   Input Password to Open Linked Files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273135-input-password-open-linked-files.html)

Ricky Pang

Input Password to Open Linked Files

Hello Experts,
How do you write a code that will input the password to open the linked
file as the "Master file" tries to update?
For example:
1) While opening my "Master file", the prompt to Update linked files
pops up. If "Yes" is selected, then input the password "openA" to open
the linked file (File A).
2) On the next linked file (File B), input password "openB"

3) While opening my Master file, if Update linked files "No" is
selected, then end.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ricky

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Input Password to Open Linked Files

If you're writing code, then you're opening the workbooks via code, too???

(seems reasonable to me.)

Take another look at workbooks.open in VBA's help. You can specify the password
on that command.