-   -   Hyperlink to AutoCad file ?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273056-hyperlink-autocad-file.html)

Eric[_9_]

Hyperlink to AutoCad file ??

While having an Excel spread sheet open, I would like to
hyperlink a certain piece of text to open a specific
AutoCad file.
I perform the hyperlink but it only opens the AutoCad file
as a view of it in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Is there a way to make it open the actual AutoCad file so
I can work on the AutoCad file?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

Randall Arnold[_2_]

Hyperlink to AutoCad file ??

Eric, on my desktop that sort of hyperlink does open AutoCAD. In addition,
AutoCAD drawings do not normally load in IE, since it does not natively
support the DWG format. AutoCAD should own the MIME type for the DWG files.

Sounds to me like you may have an IE plug-in used to view DWG files, and it
has precedence over AutoCAD in opening the files. Could that be the case?

Randall Arnold