-   -   Automated Email Messages from Excel w/VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273018-automated-email-messages-excel-w-vba.html)

Aaron[_7_]

Automated Email Messages from Excel w/VBA

Hi - the routine below sends an email message on behalf of
outlook from MS Excel. Every time it tries to send an
email a message in outlook pops up saying that another
application is trying to send an email on outlook's
behalf, would i like to allow this?

Does anyone know if there is a way to avoid having outlook
display this message and just send the email? My routine
is displayed below my signature. Thanks!
-Aaron

Sub SendEmails()

'\\DECLARATIONS\\
Dim mlNewMessage As MailItem
Dim myOlApp
Dim strBody As String

'\\-BUILD EMAIL BODY-\\
strBody = "This is the Email Body"

'\\E-MAIL GENERATION BUILD BEGINS HERE\\
Do Until Range("A1").Offset(a, 0) = "STOP"

Set myOlApp = CreateObject
("Outlook.Application") 'Create New Outlook Item
Set mlNewMessage = myOlApp.CreateItem
(olMailItem) 'Create New Mail Item
mlNewMessage.Body = strDear & strBody &
strConfidentiality 'Defines Email Body
mlNewMessage.Subject = "Message
Subject" 'Defines "Subject"
mlNewMessage.To = Range("A1").Offset(a,
1) 'Defines "To"

mlNewMessage.Send
'Sends Email Message

Set myOlApp =
Nothing 'Clears
mlOlApp Variable
Set mlNewMessage =
Nothing 'Clears mlOlApp
Variable
a = a + 1
Loop

End Sub

Mike[_31_]

Automated Email Messages from Excel w/VBA

I posted a similar question a few days ago. That message
is a security feature that was included starting with
Outlook 2000 SR-2. And it bothers me too. I had an auto-
emailing program I was using with SR1, but it won't work
on another person's PC.

There is a DLL you can get that should allow you to bypass
the message. It involves some reprogramming, and I
haven't had time to try it myself because this is low
priority for me, but here's the address I was given.

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

[...]

.

Ron de Bruin

Automated Email Messages from Excel w/VBA

This is maybe a other option for the OP
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

Or use OE for all Excel mailings with code

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)