-   -   find in 2000 and xp (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272905-find-2000-xp.html)

chris[_3_]

find in 2000 and xp

I have the following code in a program which runs ok in excel xp.

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Find(What:="Date", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

When run on a friends pc which has excel 2000 it fails at the selection.find
line.

Could someone tell me if there is a difference between xp and 2000 and if
there is, what is the syntax for this command in 2000?

Thanks
Chris

Sander Lablans

find in 2000 and xp

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:21:12 +1000, chris wrote:

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Find(What:="Date", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

The only thing that stops this piece of code from working is the
'SearchFormat:=False' part. If you delete this, then the code works
perfectly in XL2000.

SL

chris gee[_2_]

find in 2000 and xp