Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveSheet.Name?

Hi all,

I have the following macro that sums any cells that I select:

Sub CopySum()
Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject
Dim str As String

str = Selection.Address
MyDataObj.SetText "=sum(" & str & ")"
MyDataObj.PutInClipboard
End Sub

The macro works fine but I would like to be able to paste the result into
another worksheet. At the moment if I say select cells A1 and B1, the result
would be "=sum($A$1,$B$1)" when I hit paste. When I go to the next worksheet
and paste, the resulting formula obviously doesnąt work as the cell
references do not include the original sheet name.

Ive tried adding ActiveSheet.Name to the macro but I couldnąt work out how
to add the sheet name before each cell I selected.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andrew.