-   -   adding sheets based on input (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272695-adding-sheets-based-input.html)

David

adding sheets based on input

I have a template sheet that I want to take and build a
workbook with. I want to ask the user how many sheets they
want to make. Each sheet is for a different company.
Sometimes there are 12 companies and sometimes it is 16 or
anything in between. I want the user to identify this.
Then I want the template sheet to make this many copies of
it. Then I want it to ask them what they want to name the
sheets. Any help would be great. Email me with any
questions.

Thanks,
David

Dan E[_2_]

adding sheets based on input

David,

Here's a short little macro that might do what your looking for.

I set it up as follows, on a separate sheet (not the template) make a list
of the sheet names (no numbering necessary), Select the range containing the
new sheet names and run the following

Sub CopySheets()
For Each Cell In Selection
Sheets("Template").Copy After:=Sheets("Template")
ActiveSheet.Name = Cell.Value
Next
End Sub

Dan E