-   -   Counting Unique Values in A column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272681-counting-unique-values-column.html)

ibeetb

Counting Unique Values in A column

I need to count the unique (non-duplicate) values in a column range.
Does anybody know an Excel or VBA function to do this?

Ken Wright

Counting Unique Values in A column

=SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A1000,A1:A1000))
(Array Entered - CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER)

or

=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(A1:A1000,A1:A1000)0))
(Array Entered - CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER)
(Numbers only in a mix of numbers & Text)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"ibeetb" wrote in message ...
I need to count the unique (non-duplicate) values in a column range.
Does anybody know an Excel or VBA function to do this?

Ron de Bruin

Counting Unique Values in A column

See this page
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...CountingUnique