-   -   retaining font formatting after a text= merge (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272633-re-retaining-font-formatting-after-text%3D-merge.html)

Dave Peterson[_3_]

retaining font formatting after a text= merge

You can use text like:

=text(a1,"000")

But formulas can't have this type of mixed formatting.

ivan wrote:

Hello,
I have two pieces of information. One is a number, the
other is a footnote. I need to merge the two together using
the text= command (to preserve my number formatting). When
I merge these together, my footnote, which I have
superscripted in the original cell, does not remain
superscripted. How can I do this?

Maybe text= is not what I want after all? My problem
leading up to using the text= command was that I get
numbers that are anywhere from 0 to 3 significant figures,
but I must report them to 3 significant figures. I also
need to tack on a superscripted footnote every so often _in
the same cell_. I can't use macros. Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
Ivan

--

Dave Peterson