-   -   Entering a formula via VBscript (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272537-entering-formula-via-vbscript.html)

Jacqui Hurst

Entering a formula via VBscript

I have a VBscript which has a formula to do a DCOUNTA on a
database range that match certain criteria.

My question is how (with VBscript) do I amend the value of
the criteria, currently say SERVER, to be ="=SERVER"

The reason being is I'm getting the wrong matches and
counts. Sometimes I have the following

SERVER,SERVER1,SERVER2 . The server criteria counts all
three which puts my totals out. To make it an exact
match with DCOUNTA you have to enter the ="=criteria" in
the criteria cell. As my data is imported I need to amend
the current cell to surround it with the exact bits.

My attempts so far have not worked as they come back with
a FALSE value rather than the exact text. I also got a
VBscript error at one point.

Any help or suggestions?

Cheers

Jacqui

Dave Ramage[_2_]

Entering a formula via VBscript

Jacqui,

Try something like this:
ActiveCell.Formula = _
"=DCOUNTA(A9:A25,""FieldName"",""=Criteria"")"
Cheers,
Dave.
[...]

.

Jacqui Hurst

Entering a formula via VBscript

Tried various attempts of this but failed.

The criteria must be a range not a value.

When trying to enter ""=*Criteria*"" using VB it errors
with a compile error saying an expression is required.

I need the wild cards in as the search/count I will to do
is all in one cell eg server1 server2 server 3 all in cell
d5. I need to count how many times server1 appears and
also add a value up in a different field.

Does this all make sense?

Jacqui