-   -   Colours (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272511-colours.html)

Scott

Colours

Hi guys,

i also meant to ask if there is any easy way to get rows to colour code
based on date.

i.e. if date is older than 7 days colour Red, if date is older than 7 and
less than 15 colour Blue, if older than 15 colour Yellow.

I had a look on Google but couldn't find an easy wasy to do it.

Regards

Scott

Scott

Colours

I have just started to look at conditional Formatting and am curious if this
is the right approach if so, is it possible to link it with my original
macro or does it need to be seperate?

Scott

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi guys,

i also meant to ask if there is any easy way to get rows to colour code
based on date.

i.e. if date is older than 7 days colour Red, if date is older than 7 and
less than 15 colour Blue, if older than 15 colour Yellow.

I had a look on Google but couldn't find an easy wasy to do it.

Regards

Scott

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Colours

Scott,

Conditional Formatting is indeed the way. It is independent of the macro,
being a worksheet facility, and can exist without any macros.

When you setup the CF, select all cells you want coloured.
In CF, for Condition1, select FormulaIs
Use a formula of =$A1TODAY()-15, select format and pick Yellowfrom the
Pattern tab
Add another condition, formulaIs, formula of
=AND($A1TODAY()-15,$A1<=TODAY()-7), colour blue
Add another condition, formulaIs, formula of =$A1TODAY()-7, colour red

Copy to other rows

--
HTH

-------