-   -   Hllapi Call to Extra! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272442-hllapi-call-extra.html)

Jay Harmor

Hllapi Call to Extra!

I am trying to debug a HLLAPI call between Excel and Attachmate Extra.
The current script is fairly long and I won’t post it here. It
always dies when trying to connect to Extra. I was hoping that one of
you could provide me with the most basic script to start a session in
Extra from Excel, that way I could check the communications between
the two programs. I am testing on an W2K workstation using Excel 2002
and Extra Office Client 6.5. I have verified the path information in
the current script is correct and the HLLAPI dll’s are present.
I just can’t find any useable documentation on the internet to
help me troubleshot the problem, so I need a working model to test
with. The error I am receiving now is “System Error, Unable to
connect with Extra!”.

Thanks
Jay