-   -   Which formula should I use relative to a date. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272429-formula-should-i-use-relative-date.html)

Nick

Which formula should I use relative to a date.

I would like to know which formula I should be using to
place a value from one cell into another based on a
particular month. eg If I had a column with different
dates, and next to that date was a column with a specific
value, how can I place that value into separate column
based on each month of the year (Jan to Dec). Once I have
transferred the value to each month relevant to the date,
then I can calculate the totals for each month of the
year. I have tried using the sumif function, but have not
had much success. I don't know what parameters to place
in between the "" Example of what I've used =SUMIF
(AN7,"Jul",AL7. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated.