-   -   Cell Lost Focus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272403-cell-lost-focus.html)

Craig[_5_]

Cell Lost Focus

Is there a "lost focus" or change event in Excel? I want
to launch some code when a user exits a particular cell.

I have looked at the other similar questions in this
particular newsgroup and they are not helpful. Any
additional insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Patrick Molloy[_4_]

Cell Lost Focus

use the default sheet's SelectionChange event. the parameter is the new
cell's address, however, if you save this into a public variable, it will
become the moved from cell at the next change. Just set up the open event to
select say A1 which will fire the event & populate the variable

Example:copy this code to the active sheet's code page:

Option Explicit
Public LastCell As String
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Application.StatusBar = False
Application.StatusBar = "FROM:" & LastCell & " TO" & Target.Address
LastCell = Target.Address
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP