-   -   Macros run slow in XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272370-re-macros-run-slow-xp.html)

Jerry Park

Macros run slow in XP

I'm running Excel 2000, and it may not have anything to do with your
situation, but ...

I was having trouble with very slow macros. Some crashes also. Tried a
variety of things (reinstalling Microsoft Office, checking for viruses,
etc.) to no avail. Eventually deleted my printer driver and reinstalled
it. That was the problem.

Steve wrote:
Macros developed in Excel 2000 are running slower in Excel
2002. In fact, each time it runs it runs slower and
slower. I found a technet article on it
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;199505) that states these symptoms, and says setting
activewindow.displaypagebreaks = false will correct it,
but it doesn't fix it in my case.

Any ideas?