-   -   Commenting custom formula fields/formula on formula editor (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272260-commenting-custom-formula-fields-formula-formula-editor.html)

Muxer

Commenting custom formula fields/formula on formula editor

When you build custom formulas w/ VBA, how do you comment the input fields?

Example: If you click on the edit formula button "=", then click on the
functions drop down box and let's say you select "sum" if you click on
the "Number1" field at the bottom of the formula editor shows a brief
explanation of the data to be typed and a description of the formula
itself. How does one do the same thing with code.

Regards!

JS[_4_]

Commenting custom formula fields/formula on formula editor

the following code will give an overall description for your function,

Sub NameFuntion()
Application.MacroOptions macro:="Name of your Function",

Not sure how to enter a description for each variable though

Muxer

Commenting custom formula fields/formula on formula editor

Gord Dibben wrote:
You could do this manually if you just want a description of the Function and
an example.

ToolsMacroMacros. Type in the name of your Function then Optionst. Type in
a description as below.......

This Function Places the Workbook Created Date in a cell. usage is:
=CreaDate()

Note: You cannot enter arguments descriptions in this manner.

You could do it using Laurent Longre's FUNCUSTOMIZE.DLL downlaodable in a
*.ZIP file from his site. If you go this route, check out the Demo that comes
with it.

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html#FunCustomize

Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:08:48 GMT, Muxer wrote:

When you build custom formulas w/ VBA, how do you comment the input fields?

Example: If you click on the edit formula button "=", then click on the
functions drop down box and let's say you select "sum" if you click on
the "Number1" field at the bottom of the formula editor shows a brief
explanation of the data to be typed and a description of the formula
itself. How does one do the same thing with code.

Regards!

Thanks guys!

Although this would do for now. I would still like to know how to give a
descrbtions of the variables. I will post ansewer if I find out.

Thanks again!
Muxer