-   -   File save location with Application.GetSaveAsFilename (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272173-file-save-location-application-getsaveasfilename.html)

Brad Patterson

File save location with Application.GetSaveAsFilename

Iım currently using the following ...

fn = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:=²Pl ease Enter
Filename², Title:="Save As...")

It keeps returning the file path of the users default file save location ...

Can I set it using the macro? Chdir just before this line doesnıt seem to
work ...

Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

File save location with Application.GetSaveAsFilename

File save location with Application.GetSaveAsFilenameif the directory is on
another drive than the currently default drive, then you have to change
drives as well - best to do it anyway

Chdrive "C'
Chdir "C:\My Documents"
fn = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( . . .

Tom Ogilvy

Brad Patterson wrote in message

I'm currently using the following ...

fn = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:="Pl ease Enter Filename"
, Title:="Save As...")

It keeps returning the file path of the users default file save location ...

Can I set it using the macro? Chdir just before this line doesn't seem to
work ...

Thanks.