-   -   Templates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272152-templates.html)

Hera

Templates

I would like to accomplish the following:

I have a workbook with a lot of master forms within. I
would like to take 3 of those and create linked template
documents. A user would open one of these linked templates
and immediately be prompted to save it with a new name,
thereby protecting the template from being overwritten.

I could probably live without the link to the original
master but these forms are somewhat new and will probably
go through a bit of tweaking over the coming weeks and
it'll be easier to keep everyone current if they're linked
rather than standalone.

Is there a way I can do this without using macros or
scripting? I'm a total neophyte at macros. :(

TIA