-   -   Copying files ...Network to Network (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272057-copying-files-network-network.html)

Eric[_6_]

Copying files ...Network to Network

Hi There,

Can abody give me some tips on how to copy an excel files
from network to network using macro (vba) commands.

Appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks
Eric

Rob Bovey

"Eric" wrote in message
Can abody give me some tips on how to copy an excel files
from network to network using macro (vba) commands.

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure precisely what you mean by "network to network", but here's
an example of copying a file from one server share to another server share
on the same network:

FileCopy "\\SERVER1\ShareName\Book1.xls", _
"\\SERVER2\ShareName\Book1.xls"

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Tom Ogilvy

Copying files ...Network to Network

if you really mean network to network, probably using ftp.

If you mean from one network drive to another in your local network,
probably the copyfile command using the scripting runtime.

or maybe even the builtin vba filecopy command.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy