-   -   Form output naming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272051-form-output-naming.html)

Collings

Form output naming

I would like to build a form in Excel and code VB to write
the data to an output file. (which I feel confident that
I can do), but I would like to tie the output file name to
the computer name. By computer name I am referring to the
network computer ID, not the USER name from the office
application.

Is it possible to pull a computer's network name into VB?

This might be possible with HTML forms using CGI scripts,
but I don't know who to code CGI-BIN scripts.

TIA,
Collings

Chip Pearson

Form output naming

Collings,

You can get the computer name with the GetComputerName API
function. E.g.,

Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" _
Alias "GetComputerNameA" _
(ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Function ComputerName() As String
Dim CN As String
Dim L As Long: L = 255
Dim Res As Long