-   -   countif and AND (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271975-countif.html)

terry freedman

countif and AND

Greetings!

is there a way of combining AND and COUNTIF? Basically, I want to
count the number of times each person in a column of people has to
meet a target in a particular month, listed in another column. When I
combine the two I don't get a number, just the word "TRUE".

any ideas?

tia

Terry
==
Terry Freedman
www.ictineducation.org

Bob Phillips[_5_]

countif and AND

Terry,

Use SUMPRODCT

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=cond1)*(B1:B100=cond2))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"terry freedman" wrote in message
Greetings!

is there a way of combining AND and COUNTIF? Basically, I want to
count the number of times each person in a column of people has to
meet a target in a particular month, listed in another column. When I
combine the two I don't get a number, just the word "TRUE".

any ideas?

tia

Terry
==
Terry Freedman
www.ictineducation.org

terry freedman

countif and AND

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:00:56 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Terry,

Use SUMPRODCT

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=cond1)*(B1:B100=cond2))

Bob, that is brilliant, thanks! I knew I had to multiply something,
but didn't know how!

Terry

==
Terry Freedman