-   -   sql.request for secured Access Database record retrieval (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271947-sql-request-secured-access-database-record-retrieval.html)

Theo Fountain

sql.request for secured Access Database record retrieval

I am using SQL.request to retrieve records from a secured
Access database into an Excel worksheet. It works great on
a non-secured copy of the database. Doesn't work on
secured database.

This is formula used in an array:
=SQL.REQUEST($A$4,,2,$A$5)
where
A4 = DSN=FM2;DBQ=\\GNAFP1\Anyone\FM\FM-old.mdb
A5 = SELECT ({list of fields})FROM {table name}WHERE
({Field Name}='{Criteria}') order by {field Name} desc

I set up the DSN (FM2) and it works with the non secured
copy but not the secured copy. DSN contains DB Name with
ID & password to system file. I'm don't think I need
the DBQ info (since DB name & path are part of DSN)?

I appreciate any help!