-   -   Recommend a good book for vba for a beginner (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271912-recommend-good-book-vba-beginner.html)

Neville Henderson

Recommend a good book for vba for a beginner

Can anyone out there recommend a good vba excel book for beginners.

Thanks

Mike Krumel

Recommend a good book for vba for a beginner

I was going to post my thoughts on this yesterday but
never got around to it. Since someone else mentioned it
I'll do it now. I am currently on page 353 of John
Walkenbach's "Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA".
Unless the 2002 book is written differently, I would not
recommend it for absolute beginners. The 2000 book is NOT
for beginners, and John states this on page X of the
preface. At half way through the book as a beginner myself
I would agree. He recommends the Dummies book and the
Excel 2000 bible (written by John himself). Hope this
helps.

Mike