-   -   Changing Author Name in an existing cell's comment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271840-changing-author-name-existing-cells-comment.html)

Bill[_14_]

Changing Author Name in an existing cell's comment

Is there way to change/remove the Author name(Property) of
an existing comment within a cell. VBA Help says you can
set or return the Author Property. Return the existing
name is no problem, it's the setting I having issues with.
I like to change the Author's name so the Excel Status Bar
consistently shows the same name (or no name) for all
cells that contain comments (example: Cell A1 Commented
by 'my company name').

Thanks
Bill

Randall Arnold[_2_]

Changing Author Name in an existing cell's comment

Bill, if I understand you right, I have the following line of code in one if
my subs and it works:

ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author") =
ActiveSheet.Range("C7")

It can go the other way, as well.

Randall Arnold

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there way to change/remove the Author name(Property) of
an existing comment within a cell. VBA Help says you can
set or return the Author Property. Return the existing
name is no problem, it's the setting I having issues with.
I like to change the Author's name so the Excel Status Bar
consistently shows the same name (or no name) for all
cells that contain comments (example: Cell A1 Commented
by 'my company name').

Thanks
Bill

Bill[_14_]

Changing Author Name in an existing cell's comment

Hi Randall,

Not quite. Your code works great for setting the Author
property of the Workbook. I'm looking to set/change the
Author's name of an individual cell's comment. When you
hover over a cell that contains a comment, the comment's
Author will show up in the Excel status bar. I'm looking
to change that name. Any other suggestion.

Bill

.