-   -   Importing files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271808-re-importing-files.html)

Dan E[_2_]

Importing files

I couldn't reproduce your problem, but have you tried putting
Application.DisplayAlerts = False somewhere at the start of your code???

Otherwise it may help to post the suspect code.

Dan E

"Nick" wrote in message
I am importing txt files from another program which end
with the suffix .1

Excel complains that it doesn't recognise the file but
gives you the option of continuing. When you click OK the
macro works fine.

Unfortunately I have to open maybe 20 of these files and
each new file requests whether it should be opened.

Is it possible to disable this request so that Excel opens
the files on its own?

I am using Excel 2000 and the Workbooks.OpenText function
to open th files.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nick

Importing files