-   -   find next unused row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271757-find-next-unused-row.html)

Mike[_33_]

find next unused row

Hi
iam new to Visual Basic. I have a macro that performs some
calculations and outputs the results into excel 2000.
how do i make visual basic put the results in the next unused row
whenever the macro is run.
please post any links if this might have been explained before.

Thanks

Mike

Don P

find next unused row

Formula (Array - Ctrl-Shift-Enter

= ADDRESS(ROW(OFFSET( $A$1,COUNTA($A$1:$A$65000),0)),COLUMN(OFFSET(
$A$1,COUNTA( $A$1:$A$65000),0)))

or
Macro:

Sub NextBlankDown()
Range("a1").Activate
If ActiveCell.End(xlDown).Row = Rows.Count Then Exit Sub
MsgBox (ActiveCell.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Address)
End Sub

Don Pistulka

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
Hi
iam new to Visual Basic. I have a macro that performs some
calculations and outputs the results into excel 2000.
how do i make visual basic put the results in the next unused row
whenever the macro is run.
please post any links if this might have been explained before.

Thanks

Mike

Don P

find next unused row

Mike,

This macro takes the entire first row on the active sheet and copies it to
the first blank row on sheet2.

Sub test1()
Cells(1, 1).EntireRow.Copy
Destination:=Sheets("sheet2").Range("a65536").End( xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
End Sub

Don Pistulka