-   -   Email using universal naming convention (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271735-re-email-using-universal-naming-convention.html)

Ken Lawson

Email using universal naming convention

Yes. This is how I have to send out my links. What's happening is that the
drive letter assigned during the drive mapping process on your computer may
differ from that assigned on theirs. To use the UNC, just precede with the
word file, and use forward slashes vs backward slashes like so:

='file://myserver/subdir0/subdir1/subdir2/subdir3/filename.xls'!$H$2

Hope this helps!

Ken Lawson

"Sandy" wrote in message
When emailing Excel spreadsheets, sometimes the drive
letter changes unexpectedly, i.e. from F to G. Would code
using a universal naming convention (UNC) work? If so,
what would be an example of how to code it?

Is there something else that might be causing this problem?