-   -   Changing PivotCache SQL Database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271732-changing-pivotcache-sql-database.html)

John Michl[_2_]

Changing PivotCache SQL Database

I have a worksheet that has pivot tables that link to an SQL database with a
set structure. I'd like to
use this worksheet on many other databases. They'd all have exactly the
same structure but the name and perhaps location would be different. Can I
somehow change the location of the database the cache refers to without
recreating all of the pivots? I did something similar in Access. All I
needed to do is go to the linked table manager and change the source
database. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks.

- John