-   -   Unable to set the Locked Property of the Range Class (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271716-unable-set-locked-property-range-class.html)

Stuart[_5_]

Unable to set the Locked Property of the Range Class

In trying to solve the problems in my earlier post, I am
disabling addins, one by one, and have hit a problem.

Using Tools Addins I attempt to disable one
particular addin, and when I click OK I receive the
above error. Debug takes me to this sequence:

ElseIf (.Name = "SUMMARY" Or .Name = _
"GENERAL SUMMARY" Or .Name = "COVER" Or _
.Name = "CONTENTS") Then
.Select
.Unprotect
.Cells.Locked = False
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns("A:G").Locked = True
Set myRange = .UsedRange.Columns(6).Cells
For Each Cell In myRange
If Cell.Value = SEARCHFOR Then
Cell.Offset(-1, -5).Locked = False
End If
Next

where ActiveSheet.UsedRange is the highlighted line.

2 questions, please:

Why does disabling this addin trigger code?
Why the error message?

Nb: the activeworkbook only has data in cols 1 to 5 !!
Hence the error?

This particular addin is the one I believe to be the root of the
problem in my earlier post. It contains an Event Class module
which I had expected would only operate on books opened
by that addin. It may be that the event code is firing (quote)
willy-nilly?

Regards.
Regards.

---