-   -   Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271682-data-validation.html)

Sisilla

Data Validation

I would like to prevent users of a spreadsheet from
entering data into certain fields when they have made
certain selections from a drop-down list. I have been
looking at Visual Basic Help topics, and there are
examples of data validation methods; however, when I copy
the code (and modify it to my spreadsheet's needs), I am
receiving compile errors "Named arguments not found." I am
new to both Excel and Visual Basic; please help me.

Matt Lunn

Data Validation

Could you post the code that you are using?
I would like to prevent users of a spreadsheet from
entering data into certain fields when they have made
certain selections from a drop-down list. I have been
looking at Visual Basic Help topics, and there are
examples of data validation methods; however, when I

copy
the code (and modify it to my spreadsheet's needs), I am
receiving compile errors "Named arguments not found." I

am
new to both Excel and Visual Basic; please help me.
.

Sisilla

Data Validation

Hi Matt,
I appreciate your efforts to help me. I recorded the code
as a macro, and it worked!
Thanks,
Sisilla