-   -   Dropwdowns not working in Excel XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271670-dropwdowns-not-working-excel-xp.html)

Tony Macpherson

Dropwdowns not working in Excel XP

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with an application that I'm running in
Excel 2002 (XP). It seems to be something to do with
different version of Excel.

When I run it in Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1 it's fine.

But when I run it in Excel 2002 (10.4109.3501) SP-1 I get
the following error:

'Unable to get the DropDowns property of the Worksheet
class'.

The offending line of code is as follows:

SMode(0) = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Predict Input"). _
DropDowns("Drop Down 62").Value

Does anyone know of any reason why this should work in one
version of Excel 2002 but not in another?

Many thanks

Tony Macpherson

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Dropwdowns not working in Excel XP

It worked ok for me in a slightly different version: 10.4524.4219 SP-2.

Are you positive that your activeworkbook.sheets("predict input") has a dropdown
named "drop down 65".

One way I could get a 1004 error was to have mistyped the dropdown name.

--

Dave Peterson

Tony Macpherson

Dropwdowns not working in Excel XP

Thanks for your reply, Dave.

Yes, I definitely have the correctly named drop down on
the sheet. The application works perfectly in my slightly
different version of Excel.

I was just wondering if there's a known bug in this
version of Excel (10.4109.3501). Do you know if they
publish bug lists for specific build numbers?

thanks
Tony

Tony Macpherson wrote:

[...]

.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Dropwdowns not working in Excel XP

I'm not aware of any, but you could search the KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Tony Macpherson wrote:

[...]

yep, tried that one, no success.

thanks again for your suggestions,