-   -   Invisible Range Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271631-invisible-range-names.html)

Chris Gorham[_2_]

Invisible Range Names

Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...

Rob Bovey

Invisible Range Names

"Chris Gorham" wrote in message
Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...

Hi Chris,

ThisWorkbook.Names("MyName").Visible = False

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

steve

Invisible Range Names

Chris,

Try:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="myname", RefersTo:="=sheet1!A1:A5",
Visible:=False

(watch for word wrap)

steve

"Chris Gorham" wrote in message
Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...

keepITcool

Invisible Range Names

note that if the activesheet has a a "local" name called sheet1!myname,
this code will update that name, instead of creating a new "global" name.

keepITcool

"steve" wrote:

Chris,

Try:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="myname",
RefersTo:="=sheet1!A1:A5",
Visible:=False

(watch for word wrap)

steve

"Chris Gorham" wrote in message
Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...

steve bell

Invisible Range Names

Note well taken!

steve