-   -   Active Cell plus number of Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271623-re-active-cell-plus-number-rows.html)

L. Howard Kittle[_2_]

Active Cell plus number of Rows

Hi Amber,

Try this.

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Resize(240, 1).Select

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Amber" wrote in message
om...
Hi all!
I am a novice with xl macros and could use some help. I have data
that spans 240 rows in one column. I have done a cell find to access
the column I want and I want to select the next 240 rows in that
column. I keep getting a compiling error when trying to range and
select those 240 the cells. Here's what I have:

Cells.Find(What:="power", LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:= _
xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:= _
False).Activate
'these next two rows of programming are the problem
ActiveCell.Offset(1,0)
Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(240,0))

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Don Guillett[_4_]

Active Cell plus number of Rows

Better than mine but even less will work
Sub makerange()
Cells.Find("power").Select
ActiveCell.Resize(240, 1).Select

Don Guillett