-   -   Using a variable with .LookIn (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271575-re-using-variable-lookin.html)

Mike Berry

Using a variable with .LookIn

Thanks for that Bob,

I have crossed that bridge now only to find another small hill to climb!

Again FileSearch I am afraid......

I can find the relevant files using a hardcoded value in the .LookIn

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "Q:\$FamilyMan\FamilyMan 1\QARun Database"
'.SearchSubFolders = True
.Filename = "*.mdb"

however when I use the variable that we discussed on friday......

Set fs = Application.FileSearch
With fs
.NewSearch
.LookIn = """" & ParentDir & "\" & DbaseArra (iArrayElement) & """"

it fails to find anything. As you can see from the following it appears
that the value is being held correctly from the immediate window...

? """" & ParentDir & "\" & DbaseArray(iArrayElement) & """"
"Q:\$FamilyMan\FamilyMan 1\QARun Database"

I am wondering (being the newbie that I am!) is there any issue with
variable type etc - I note that "fs" is defined as a string which I
think is correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.