-   -   column header click (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271471-column-header-click.html)

John A Grandy

column header click

how to capture a click event on a column header .... ?

Rob Bovey

column header click

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
how to capture a click event on a column header .... ?

Hi John,

You need to trap the SelectionChange event and then check the Target
range argument to see if it refers to an entire column.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
how to capture a click event on a column header .... ?

Vasant Nanavati[_2_]

column header click

Hi John:

You are correct, and I'm not a fan of the method. Better to use the
Worksheet_DoubleClick event; it's a lot cleaner.

Regards,

Vasant.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
Hi Rob,

Thanks.

On a related note, on this forum I've noticed that, in general, people are
substituting the SelectionChange event for the missing Click event ....

.... but the selection can change via other mechanisms than clicking ....
for example, arrow keys, or tab keys ...

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe it's a quirk in the way I structure my apps, but I mostly key off
the Change event, and when I do use SelectionChange it's for situations
where I don't care how the range was selected.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

Bob Phillips[_5_]

column header click

Vasant,

I agree, but double-clicking is a pain isn't it? We want that Click event,
so MS, please take note.

Regards

Bob