-   -   Appending/Updating records (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271343-appending-updating-records.html)

Michael[_9_]

Appending/Updating records

I'm a little new to VBA but I could follow some code to
help with the following. The concept is probably easier
than this explanation.
I download at the end of each month from our accounting
system the Name and Balance for each customer, so lets
say I have Name in column A and a balance in column B. At
the end of the next month I would download the data for
this month on another worksheet. What I'd like to do is
take each name from the second worksheet and if I found a
match on the first sheet put the balance in column C. If
I didn't find a name match would mean its a new account
and I'd add a record to the end of the old sheet with the
Name in column A and the balance in column C. On re-
reading I'm saying Huh and I wrote this. Hopefully
someone can help. Thanks. Michael