-   -   prevent second copy from opening (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271342-prevent-second-copy-opening.html)

pancho[_2_]

prevent second copy from opening

use this:

function isOpen(nameS as string) as boolean
on error resume next
dim nm as string
nm=""
nm=workbooks(nameS).name
isOpen=(nm<"")
end if

you can check like this
if isOpen("Mybook.xls") then
msgbox "MyBook.xls is already open"
else
msgbox "MyBook.xls is closed, you must open it"
end if

Francisco Mariscal