-   -   Tracing into a Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/271177-tracing-into-function.html)

Adrian McCray

Tracing into a Function

i have a function that i created. I would like to debug
the function and trace/step into the function to determine
when the problem is. however, the "Step in" option is not
valid when i show the calculation steps.

How can I debug this function?

Chip Pearson

Tracing into a Function

Adrian,

Put a breakpoint (select the line, then F9) on the first line of
code in the function, then call the function either from a
worksheet cell or another VBA procedure. Then, you can use F8 to
step through the function.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson