-   -   Can a formula be made to see color of cell text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99902-can-formula-made-see-color-cell-text.html)

srb

Can a formula be made to see color of cell text?

I would like to know if a formula of some kind can recognize, for example red
text somewhere in a work sheet and copy the value to another worksheet.

We use Excel for our timesheets. I would like to keep track of my sick time
and vacations by putting them in red when I take them and compile them on a
seperate worksheet.

a7n9

Can a formula be made to see color of cell text?

I'm not aware of any formula but a VBA solution can definitely be used.

--
a7n9

a7n9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32149
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562567

Gord Dibben

Can a formula be made to see color of cell text?

If the red text is a result of Conditional Formatting, you could use the same
criteria on the second sheet.

If colored manually, you would need VBA to select the cells.

See Bob Phillips' site for more on this.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP