-   -   table format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99883-table-format.html)

rcc

table format

I want to set up something akin to a table in Word where if you have the last
cell highlighted and you push tab it creates another row with all the same
borders. Is there a way to do something like that in Excel without recording
a macro? I just want to be able to extend my data by a row and to keep
border formatting.

Thanks.

Wiley

table format

For the future, please post WOrd questionsin the Word forum to get the best
advice. But here is the answer anyway. Place your cursor at the very right
of (outside) the last cell in the row, and hit Enter. That should do it.