-   -   angled text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99876-angled-text.html)

Punkin

angled text

Can someone please help me. I just learned how to angle my cells. But once I
type in those cells I lose my lines surrounding the cell. i checked they are
still there (in the formatted cells). but even in print preview they are gone.

chemist

angled text

Just a guess...
I tried to recreate conditions such as you described. I would have tosay it
is a combination of the font, font size, angle and, maybe more importantly,
the horizontal and vertical text alignment within each cell. You set those in
the same window as you set the angle, but if you set them incorrectly they
can appear to wipe out a surrounding cell. I would experiment a bit;
vertically, I usually use "Center" as a fair compromise.