-   -   How do I get the most current date from a list of dates? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99868-how-do-i-get-most-current-date-list-dates.html)

GenaM

How do I get the most current date from a list of dates?

Our students have to make up any class time they miss. I am working on a form
to keep up with how much time they have made up for each absence. I will have
a list of dates, at the bottom of my form I need it to pull the most current
date from the list of dates. Example:
7/1/06
7/2/06
7/5/06

7/5/06 (the most current date)
Is this possible?

Bondi

GenaM wrote:
Our students have to make up any class time they miss. I am working on a form
to keep up with how much time they have made up for each absence. I will have
a list of dates, at the bottom of my form I need it to pull the most current
date from the list of dates. Example:
7/1/06
7/2/06
7/5/06

7/5/06 (the most current date)
Is this possible?

Hi GenaM,

Maybe on solution would be (if your list of dates is in A1:A10) to use

=MAX(A1:A10)

Regards,
Bondi

Special-K

How do I get the most current date from a list of dates?

=MAX(A1:A1000)

Could try that.
If you insert a new date within the range ie between rows 1 and 1000
the function should adjust accordingly

--
Special-K
Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7470

GenaM

How do I get the most current date from a list of dates?

Worked like a charm!! Thank you SO much!!
Gena