-   -   How do I make a "0" appear on the Y-axis of my graph? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99805-how-do-i-make-0-appear-y-axis-my-graph.html)

magikid

How do I make a "0" appear on the Y-axis of my graph?

I have an unconventional y-axis, with values of 2, 7, 12, 17 and 23 on my
y-axis in my chart. This was used to bring out the importance of the data.

However I now wish to have the y-axis show a 0 too, how do I do that while
keeping my unconventional axis values?

Would appreciate any help! Thank you! :)

Tushar Mehta

How do I make a "0" appear on the Y-axis of my graph?

Dummy it up.

Either add a textbox that contains a zero and position it appropriately

or add a dummy series that contains the desired values and show its
datalabels. For an example that you can adapt, see
Flexible Log Scale
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...ale/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have an unconventional y-axis, with values of 2, 7, 12, 17 and 23 on my
y-axis in my chart. This was used to bring out the importance of the data.

However I now wish to have the y-axis show a 0 too, how do I do that while
keeping my unconventional axis values?

Would appreciate any help! Thank you! :)

chemist

How do I make a "0" appear on the Y-axis of my graph?

Right click on the y-axis data on the chart, left click on "Format Axis...",
click on the "Scale" tab. I haven't had to try this, but if you click on the
box to the left of "0" this should display a "0" on your y-axis.

"magikid" wrote:

I have an unconventional y-axis, with values of 2, 7, 12, 17 and 23 on my
y-axis in my chart. This was used to bring out the importance of the data.

However I now wish to have the y-axis show a 0 too, how do I do that while
keeping my unconventional axis values?

Would appreciate any help! Thank you! :)

magikid

How do I make a "0" appear on the Y-axis of my graph?

Thank you very much for both your suggestions :)