-   -   Autofill Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99749-autofill-formula.html)

tqdinh22

Autofill Formula

Hello,

I am having some trouble with the clicking and dragging to autofill a
vlookup formula. I currently have a Vlookup referenced to a second data
sheet and when I click and drag down to copy the formula, I would like
the lookup value to change, but not the table reference values for
example, I would like it to show like this as oppose to changing the
referenced "PA Data" rows:

=VLOOKUP(H994,'PA Data'!B2:G1427,6,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(H995,'PA Data'!B2:G1427,6,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(H996,'PA Data'!B2:G1427,6,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(H997,'PA Data'!B2:G1427,6,FALSE)

Can I change the autofill to do this instead of changing the rows on
the reference sheet as well?

Thanks

--
tqdinh22
tqdinh22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36453

RagDyeR

Autofill Formula

Look up relative and absolute cell references in the Help files.

Your formula should look like this:

=VLOOKUP(H994,'PA Data'!$B$2:$G$1427,6,FALSE)

*Before* copying own.
The $ signs prevent cell references from incrementing during a "Copy".
--
HTH,

RD

"tqdinh22" wrote in