-   -   Automatically Populate Fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99675-automatically-populate-fields.html)

tqdinh22

Automatically Populate Fields

Hello,

I am a moderate to proficient excel user but have never used VBA to do
any programming. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to record
purchase orders. I would like to be able to input a purchase number in
one column and have other fields in the row automatically populate such
as "account manager""salesrep", etc... (perhaps pulling from another
sheet with data). Is there a way to do this with excel?

Thank you.

--
tqdinh22
tqdinh22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36453

mrice

Automatically Populate Fields

I would suggest looking at the help for event driven macros. In this
case, you need the worksheet_change event with the code placed on the
appropriate sheet code page in the VBA editor.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562138