-   -   Excel not Calculating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99656-excel-not-calculating.html)

I Maycotte

Excel not Calculating

I don't know why excel will not calculate even when I press F9 (for
manual calculation). I have to end up going to the formula bar,
clicking inside it and pressing enter for it to calculate. Does
anybody have a reasoning and/or a way to fix this? Thanks.

-- Isaac

--
I Maycotte
I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35604

Dave Peterson

Excel not Calculating

Do you have calculation set for manual?
tools|option|calculation tab

Change it to automatic.

I Maycotte wrote:

I don't know why excel will not calculate even when I press F9 (for
manual calculation). I have to end up going to the formula bar,
clicking inside it and pressing enter for it to calculate. Does
anybody have a reasoning and/or a way to fix this? Thanks.

-- Isaac

--
I Maycotte
I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35604
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562092

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

Excel not Calculating

Maybe your data is not numeric?

Re-format all to General then copy an empty cell.

Select the range of data and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP