-   -   help - create a multiple choice test (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/99601-help-create-multiple-choice-test.html)

[email protected]

help - create a multiple choice test

I want to be able to have the person put an "X" in a cell or check a
cell and have a numeric value appear in a column to the right of the
test. Does anyone know if this is possible?

tony h

help - create a multiple choice test

if the cell containing the X is A1 and the cell in which you want the
value is B1 then the formula in B1 is =if(a1="X", 1,"")

hope this helps

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074

Bob Phillips

help - create a multiple choice test

Const WS_RANGE As String = "C5:E5" '<=== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value = "X" Then